We looked into Contrave on the basis of its ingredients, customer reviews, and more. Does Contrave really work? Read the Contrave reviews here!
Overview Of Contrave
Contrave is a prescription weight loss medication that the FDA approved in 2012. Suicidality and antidepressant drugs contrave are not approved to treat a major depressive disorder or other psychiatric disorders.
In today’s world, most people are suffering from obesity. Obesity has become a severe issue, and finding a complete solution for obese people is challenging.
It is tough to follow that madly routine diet and exercise to lose weight, so people think of weight loss supplements or pills to eliminate overweight or obesity.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Obesity leads to many health issues such as high BP, Sugar, Chances of heart attack, and many others. Yet, many searches for such drugs melt pounds without medication side effects.
As well as It claims to help people lose up to ten pounds in the first month of use. Contrave is a medication shown to help people lose fat. It prevents your body from making you feel full, causing you to eat less and exercise more.
Here in Contrave Reviews, we mainly focus on is it helps in fat loss or has side effects.
To do that, we reviewed the studies that Contrave’s producer, Orexigen Therapeutics, used to get FDA approval by collaborating with two drug safety experts, Steven Woloshin, M.D., and Lisa M. Schwartz, M.D., both at Dartmouth College’s Geisel School of Medicine and the Institute for Health Policy and Clinical Practice.
What Is Contrave?
It is an FDA-approved prescription weight-loss pill. It is only intended for use by adults. To be eligible for a prescription, you must meet specific requirements. For example, your BMI must be 30 or higher or 27 or higher if you have at least one related medical condition.
*All individuals are unique. Your results can and will vary.
Related conditions include high blood pressure, high cholesterol, and type 2 diabetes. Contrave claims to help you lose weight and keep it off by reducing hunger and cravings.
It is said to accomplish this by targeting two areas of your brain: the hunger center and the reward system. To achieve the best results, it is recommended that you follow a low-calorie diet and exercise plan in addition to taking Contrave.
Contrave is made up of two main ingredients: naltrexone and bupropion. While these ingredients are FDA-approved for other conditions, neither is approved for treating obesity. Contrave has resulted in weight loss in some clinical trials, but numerous safety concerns exist. My main problem is that it contains an FDA black box label warning.
A black box warning highlights the medication’s potentially serious or life-threatening risks. As a result, weighing the benefits and drawbacks before taking this is critical. See our recommendation on what works for weight loss including our diet plan ratings.
The Science Behind Contrave
Contrave’s precise neurochemical actions that contribute to weight loss are unknown. Contrave, on the other hand, is thought to work on the brain region that regulates appetite and the reward system. To understand this, you must first understand how food cravings work.
When you are hungry, your brain tells you your body requires nutrition. When you eat and are satisfied, your brain sends a similar but opposite signal indicating your satisfaction. However, in some cases, the brain either refuses to transmit the hungry or full signal or sends the incorrect password. This results from a malfunction, such as the blocking of message-sending neurons.
In these circumstances, a person is prone to overeating because they do not know when to stop. As a result, people consume more, and their bodies store the extra calories as fat. Obesity and other health problems can arise from excess fat accumulation.
Contrave is used in this case. The medication is thought to work on two key parts of the brain: the mesolimbic reward system, which aids in the management of food cravings, and the hypothalamus (hunger center), which aids in the reduction of hunger.
Any Contrave Side Effects?
There are no side effects or any warning given from the company. Some contrave side effects reported from users aged 35 to 45 are slight brain fog and trouble breathing when they consume four pills a day. In addition, some said they experienced side effects including Fatigue, nausea, stomach issues, back pain, chest pain, and high blood pressure. If you feel the same, stop taking contrave. Dont consume if you have high blood pressure. There is some list of ingredients which is not suitable.
When you first start taking Contrave, talk with your doctor will prescribe a low dose. They will gradually increase your medication until you reach the recommended daily quantity. So always, first talk with your doctor before starting these medicines.
Contrave Dosage For Chronic Weight Management
Usually, Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) is started at a low dose and gradually increased over several weeks to the maintenance dose. Each tablet has 90 mg of bupropion and 8 mg of Naltrexone. It is the newest approved drug option for obese adults with Chronic Weight Management.
- Week 1: One tablet is taken orally in the morning
- Week 2: One tablet is taken orally in the evening.
- Week 3: One tablet in the morning and one in the evening.
- Week 4: Two tablets in the morning and two in the evening.
You can not take Contrave supplements with a high-fat meal such as cheese, eggs, or avocado.
If your body mass index is 30 or greater, you are qualified to use Contrave. You are also eligible if you have a weight-related medical condition, such as diabetes or heart disease, and a body mass index of 27 or more.
Ingredients In This Weight Loss Pill
Contrave ingredients list help promote weight loss by suppressing appetite, reducing cravings for sweets and fats, and boosting energy levels.
It also has a low risk of abuse, addiction, or dependence.
The ingredients of Contrave are,
- Bupropion – Bupropion  is an antidepressant medication that works in the brain.It is approved for the treatment of the major depressive disorder (MDD) and seasonal affective disorder (SAD) and to help people quit smoking (smoking cessation).
Symptoms of depression include Depressed mood – feeling sad, empty, or tearful.
- Naltrexone – Naltrexone  belongs to a class of drugs known as opiate antagonists.It works in the brain to prevent opiate effects (such as feelings of well-being and pain relief). It also decreases the desire to take opiates. This medication is also used to treat alcohol abuse.
- Phentermine – Phentermine  is used for a limited period of time to speed weight loss in overweight people who are exercising and eating a low-calorie diet.Phentermine is in a class of medications called anorectics. It works by decreasing appetite.
- Topiramate – Topiramate  is used alone or with other medications to treat certain types of seizures including primary generalized tonic-clonic seizures (formerly known as a grand mal seizure;seizure that involves the entire body) and partial-onset seizures (seizures that involve only one part of the brain).
Pros and Cons Of Contrave
- Decreases insulin resistance and balances the body’s thyroid function.
- Increases metabolism.
- Aids addresses psychological ties to food that may cause bingeing and overeating.
- Time-release medication that aids in giving you ongoing support during your weight loss journey.
- It is not an injected Drug like other medication.
- You cannot use Cantrove if you use opioid pain medications.
- Contrave can also cause serious complications such as heart, liver, and kidney problems.
- If you are on antidepressant medications, you should avoid taking them.
- It can make you behave unusually and have suicidal thoughts and actions.
- Cantrove may cause seizures.
- Not available in a generic version so it can be expensive.
- It should avoid by pregnant women and children below 18.
- You can buy it from only the official website.
Similar Products Overview
Other effective weight loss supplements can also be useful, promising better results than other products.
|Product Name||Products Price||Money Back Guarantee||Rating and Reviews|
|PhenQ||$69.95||60 Days – Money Back Guarantee||/(228 Review)|
|KetoCharge||$59.95||60 days – Money Back Guaranteed||/(228 Review)|
|Phen24||$74.99||60 Days – Money Back Guaranteed||/(125 Reviews)|
Contrave Reviews By Users
- I took my first and last pill today with food. An hour later, I felt horrible. My head hurts, my chest hurts, I feel nauseous and dizzy, and 4 hours later, I vomited and had a migraine. The side effects are terrible. So How is this an FDA-approved product? I am going to report this product. Lourdes
- Because I’ve used bupropion before, I knew what to expect and carefully followed the dosage instructions. If you take it properly, it works. In the first three weeks, I dropped 10 pounds. Additionally, I no longer enjoy wine, which is a beautiful thing! Tammy
- I can tolerate medications and pain. Pretty well. I had to quit taking these after a week of taking one a day. On the first night, I had no sleep; on the second, I had significant anxiety and strange, uncontrollable thoughts; on the third, I had increased my eating; On the fourth, I had awful, non-stop migraines. Till day 7, when I came to an end. The medicine did little to reduce hunger, so use it with extreme caution! Kenneth
Q: How Much Does Contrave Cost?
A: Contrave price is $99.00 for 30days supply. You can get some contrave coupon also from the official website.
Q: Is Contrave a Good Weight Loss Pill?
A: Contrave can help people lose a large amount of weight when used properly and with a good diet and exercise.
Q: What are the possible side effects of Contrave?
A: The most common side effects are nausea, vomiting, headache, constipation, dry mouth, and dizziness.
Q: Can Contrave (naltrexone / bupropion) cause seizures?
A: Some people who use Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) have experienced seizures, and your risk may increase if you take higher medication dosages.
If you have recently stopped drinking alcohol, have a history of seizures, an eating disorder (anorexia or bulimia), or are currently on certain anxiety, sleep, headache, or stroke medications, you should not use Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion).
Q: When will Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) start working?
A: The effects of Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) can become apparent up to 4 weeks. While taking Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion), reducing your calorie intake is critical, and engaging in regular exercise for the best outcomes.
Q: How much weight can I lose while taking Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion)?
A: After approximately one year (56 weeks) of diet, exercise, and taking Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion), individuals in studies dropped between 4 and 8 percent of their body weight.
Q: Will Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) help me lose weight if I don’t diet or exercise?
A: You can reduce weight by combining Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion), a lower-calorie diet, and exercise.
The drug is not intended for weight loss when used by itself. In trials, subjects either received information on healthy eating or exercise habits.
Reduce calorie intake, exercise regularly, and take Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) for the best benefits.
Q: Should I stop taking Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) if it’s not working?
A: After taking Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) for 12 weeks at your maintenance dose, talk with your doctor or healthcare will consider you.
Stop taking Contrave (naltrexone/bupropion) if you haven’t dropped at least 5% of your body weight by that point.
Q: Where can I buy Contrave?
A: You can buy Contrave from Walmart, Amazon, and its official website. You can use a contrave savings card.
Contrave for weight loss reviews, this supplement is designed to help people who are overweight or obese and have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 or higher to lose weight.
However, they would also put themselves in danger of the drug’s serious side effects. So instead, the safer method to reduce weight, according to CR medical advisors, is to eat less and exercise more.
Ask or talk with your doctor about intense behavioral programs with at least 12 sessions annually and several weight-loss tactics if you haven’t succeeded on your own.
Trying to select an effective weight loss product might be a difficult task. Weight loss products sometimes promise unbelievable results. The ability to enhance metabolism, the ability to meet weight loss* goals, and the quality of components verified by clinical research should all be considered when evaluating weight loss products.
Below you’ll find some of the most effective weight loss supplements on the market today, in our opinion.
Our Top Weight Loss Supplements Choices*
ConsumerReviews.tv is dedicated to bringing you the best products with the most effective ingredients. Our unique Review Ranking Platform combines our personal experience with online reviews and opinions from over 100 independent review websites.
Α-Lacys Reset®, Capsimax Powder, Chromium Picolinate, Caffeine Anhydrous, Opuntia Vulgaris, and L-Carnitine Fumarate
Fat Burning, Helps in Suppressing your Appetite, Burn Stored Fat, Improves your Mood, Assists in Boosting your Energy
Item Form: Tablet
Volume: 60 Tablet
*Individual Results May Vary
Zinc, Manganese, Copper, Iodine, Caffeine, Guarana Extract, L-Phenylalanine, and Cayenne Powder.
Excessive Weight Gain, Mood Swings, Low Functioning Metabolism, Infrequent Sleep Pattern, and Irritability
Item Form: Capsule
Unit Count: 30 Capsule
*Individual Results May Vary
**This is a subjective assessment based on the strength of the available information and our estimation of efficacy.
*Result may vary. If you have a serious medical condition, or have a history of heart conditions we suggest consulting with a physician before using any supplement. The information contained in this website is provided for general informational purpose only. It is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease and should not be relied upon as a medical advice. Always consult your doctor before using any supplements.
*Disclosure of Material connection: Some of the links in the post above are “associate sales links.” This means if you can click on the link and purchase an item, we will receive a commission. Regardless, we only recommend products or services which we use personally and/or believe will add value to our readers. We are disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission's 16 CFR, Part 255: “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials.”
Balldin J, Berglund M, Borg S, Månsson M, Bendtsen P, Franck J, Gustafsson L, Halldin J, Nilsson LH, Stolt G, Willander A. A 6-month controlled naltrexone study: combined effect with cognitive behavioral therapy in the outpatient treatment of alcohol dependence. Alcohol Clin Exp Res. 2003 Jul;27(7):1142-9. doi: 10.1097/01.ALC.0000075548.83053.A9. PMID: 12878920.
Kim KK, Cho HJ, Kang HC, Youn BB, Lee KR. Effects on weight reduction and safety of short-term phentermine administration in Korean obese people. Yonsei Med J. 2006;47(5):614-625. doi:10.3349/ymj.2006.47.5.614
 Head-to-head Study of Erenumab Against Topiramate in Patients With Episodic and Chronic Migraine (HER-MES)