Are You Looking for the Ways to Prevent Your Wrinkles?
About 80% of the wrinkle and fine lines on your face are as a result of exposure to the sun. Long term exposure to the sun’s UV rays weakens and breaks key connective tissues on your skin. This eventually makes the skin lose elasticity and strength to remain tight.
In addition, this causes skin pigmentation, yellowing, and the formation of unsightly spots on the skin.
Besides that, as we age, our bodies tend to slow on the production of collagen which eventually leads to a decrease in skin elasticity. As in, knowing the actual factors that cause skin sagginess, fine lines, and crevices is one main advantage that will help you choose the right product that would work for you.
There are some best anti-aging creams that are specifically designed for aging skin. These creams help in reducing wrinkles and deliver new cells to the skin.
While it may seem self-evident, a simple definition can sometimes help to clarify what anti-aging products are.
“Anti-aging skincare products are developed to help reduce obvious indications of skin aging like wrinkles, fine lines, leathery skin, and dark spots,” said Dr. Dendy Engelman, a dermatologist in New York City and spokeswoman for The Skin Cancer Foundation. “They can be preventive or they can work to lessen existing indications of aging.”
A wide variety of best anti-aging products are available in the market these days. These products are being manufactured by different reputed brands which claim that their product is best for your skin.
The best way to ensure that you get the right product is to do your research before buying it.
With advancements in beauty technology, there is a multitude of anti-aging creams that address the different needs of people.
Here at Consumer Reviews, we’ve evaluated hundreds of products through a scientific lens to assure you’re developing a safe and effective skincare regimen. This article will help you find the best anti-aging cream for your skin type and budget.
Best Anti-Wrinkle Creams: Our Top Picks
- Beverly Hills MD Dermal Repair Complex – Age-Defying Eye Therapy
- Kollagen Intensiv – The Best Collagen Cream
- Instant Wrinkle Reducer – Skinception – Ultra effective Eye Serum
Beverly Hills MD Dermal Repair Complex
- Price: $54.95 /ea = OFFER PRICE – $40.95 /ea ($10 OFF)
- Key ingredients:Saw Palmetto, Hydrolyzed Collagen, Hyaluronic Acid, MSM, Vitamin A & B Multi-Complex
- Recommended Uses For Product: Targets internal problems that cause visible aging, Protects and enhances skin elasticity, Reduces the appearance of sagging or drooping, Improves strength and quality of hair and nails, Diminishes the appearance of wrinkles and dullness
- Item Form: Capsules
- Rating: 4.9/5.0
Dermal Repair Complex is Beverly Hills MD’s advanced anti-aging dietary supplement is formulated to prevent the breakdown of both collagen and elastin leaving the skin free from concerns that come with age.
“I’m so in love with the Dermal Repair Complex supplements. I never skip a day using them. My skin is noticeably firmer and younger looking. I’m soon to be 50 years old and was noticing sagging and a dullness to my skin. I now look in the mirror and see a complete difference in the texture and appearance of my skin. When I touch the skin on my face, there’s a little bounce to it. It’s a remarkable difference. People are always commenting on how great I look, not knowing what looks different about me. I no longer look tired and old. Thank you so much for introducing this great product. I’m so happy to have found it.Ericca W.
- Price: $69.95 /ea = OFFER PRICE – $59.95 /ea ($10 OFF)
- Key ingredients:SYN-COLL, Hyaluronic acid, Cyclopentasiloxane ,Glycerin, Shea butter, Vitamins, Antioxidants
- Recommended Uses For Product: Boost Your Natural Moisturizing Factor, Reduces Photoaging Caused By Sun Damage, Protects Against Wrinkles Caused by Glycation, Reduces dark Under Eye Circle, Puffiness & Crows Feet
- Item Form: Cream
- Rating: 4.8/5.0
Kollagen Intensiv is a skincare formula that helps combat major aging symptoms for you to achieve smooth and youthful good skin health. It improves the appearance of facial wrinkles and deep lines by about 354% compared to the placebo.
“Yes, I have been using Kollagen Intensiv® for three months. I have seen an improvement on my crows feet and the sun spots on my face are much lighter.”.Cindy M
Skinception – Instant Wrinkle Reducer
- Price: $69.95 /ea = OFFER PRICE – $59.95 /ea ($10 OFF)
- Key ingredients:Argireline, Hyaluronic Acid, Hydrolyzed Collagen
- Recommended Uses For Product: Look younger INSTANTLY, Get rid of wrinkles & fine lines, Enjoy FLATTERING comments Puffiness & Crows Feet
- Item Form: Serum
- Rating: 4.8/5.0
Skinception – Instant Wrinkle Reducer is a skincare product produced to enhance skin firmness. It’s formulated to assist in skin hydration, thus improving skin firmness and elasticity increment. It’s produced from a blend of natural ingredients that works well and quickly in providing the desired results.
“I am 40 years old. Most of the time when I randomly ask someone how old I look, they say I am in my late 40s. I guess it was because my skin looked saggy and I had age spots on my face. My dear friend told me to buy Skinception Instant Wrinkle Reducer and try it. The product has worked well for me. It has faded my age spots, cleared my wrinkles, and reduced the size of my pores. Clearly, I look 35 years old or probably younger.Kyla
What Are the Common Ingredients in Top Anti-Wrinkle Creams?
A lot of factors can affect the effectiveness of a particular anti-aging cream. So how do you choose the best cream? There are two major factors that play a role in determining the effectiveness of an anti-aging cream. The first factor is the ingredients used by the product and the second is your skin type. Some key ingredients that are found in most anti-aging creams are retinoids , peptides, antioxidants, hyaluronic acid, ceramides, and Shea butter.
Antioxidants are substances that protect the skin by neutralizing the free radicals that can damage cells. Ceramides are lipid molecules that are essential for healthy skin, hair, and cell membranes. Shea butter has natural vitamins A, D, F, E which can promote the healing of damaged skin cells.
Retinol is a vitamin A derivative, which stimulates exfoliation and new cell production, stimulates collagen production and new blood vessel formation to make the skin brighter, more lustrous, and less wrinkled (source). Retinoids are known as Vitamin A derivatives  and they help repair cell damage caused by UV rays to protect against wrinkles and fine lines caused by age or other factors.
Hyaluronic Acid is a humectant that draws water to the surface of your skin to give it a firmer, plumper look. A review article in The Journal of Clinical and Aesthetic Dermatology also points out that HA helps to modulate cellular immunity as well as hinder potential environment-triggered allergic reactions. It helps moisturize, hydrate and plump up skin, diminishing the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines (source).
Palmitoyl Oligopeptide and Palmitoyl Tetrapeptide
Research has proven that these peptides stimulate collagen production and growth of connective tissue.
The efficacy of the SYN-AKE reduces muscle cell contraction, and its action has a smoothing and anti-wrinkle effect, decreasing wrinkle depth up to 52% of wrinkle size Thanks to Waglerin-1, a modified synthetic tripeptide that was originally produced from snake (Temple Viper) venom, Syn-Ake is a cutting-edge wrinkle treatment. This peptide calms muscle movement by momentarily immobilising the facial contractions that result in facial lines and wrinkles, simulating the impact of Waglerin-1. (source).
Other Ingredients To Look For
A good wrinkle cream should deliver its promise. If it says it fades dark spots, diminish fine lines, and would improve your skin’s texture, that’s exactly what you should expect. Nevertheless, it is easy to miss the product that works if you are not keen on what really matters.
As in, when it comes to choosing the best anti-aging wrinkle cream or serum, dermatologists recommend products that contain specific elements that have been tested to reduce or reverse aging symptoms.
This is a compound ingredient and is commonly known by the name acetyl hexapeptide. Using this extract in reducing wrinkles, fine lines and facial expressions is safer, according to an article in the journal Scientific Reports. Besides, it is a rich skin hydrant and supports collagen production.
Edelweiss Stem Cells
have been shown to possess adaptogens or components that have stronger antioxidation qualities, which are highly beneficial to skin health. As such, it does nature the skin, supports collagen production, and helps reduce aging symptoms like wrinkles as one review article in ResearchGate also suggests.
Sea Fennel Stem Cells
has studies confirming its benefits on helping to preserve a healthy skin epidermis as well as slowing the signs of aging, where one example is a review article in the Journal of Cosmetic Dermatology. Besides, it is believed to speed up cell turnover to reduce dark spots, unclogs pores, and help to even out skin tone.
Apple Stem Cells
stem cells from specific plants like apple have been marked for promoting the healthy growth of skin tissues and especially reducing environment-triggered damage. This ingredient also helps to clear wrinkle and fine lines quicker, according to a study in the Future Science journal, which was done by a company called Mibelle Biochemistry.
Ingredients To Avoid
- Parabens this family of chemical components is often used to extent products shelf-life. Findings now show that’s such preservatives are not safe and contribute to health-related problems as they encourage using components that have exceeded their expected life span.
- Phthalates is a synthetic ingredient that is often used to increase flexibility in cosmetic plastics. However, Congress has placed bans on a certain number of this group on chemicals, especially in children related products.
- Sulfates products with sulfate components are not friendly, especially on sensitive. In fact, generally, they’ve shown to deteriorate the skin’s condition by causing as well as furthering acne.
Beware Of Amazon Reviews
The customer feedback section on Amazon’s website is no longer genuine as they used to be. Lately, reports have shown clearly that sellers pay for these comments to create a false impression about a product.
In fact, the recent findings highlight that less than 40% of these customer reviews are authentic. So, don’t trust Amazon reviews when making your decision on what anti-aging solution to go for, focus more on the scientific evidence around any product.
Why Do People Love Anti-Wrinkle Creams?
People are drawn to wrinkle cream because it’s one of the most inexpensive options for wrinkle repair. Best Anti-wrinkle creams can be used to unclog pores and to help build collagen in the skin. Both help improves the look and feel of the skin and reduces fine lines and wrinkles.
Prescription creams offer wonderful results, but you can find improvement with some over-the-counter creams. A high price doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the best quality, although many of the best anti-aging products reported to work have higher price tags.
Layer in the correct order: You want your products to function together rather than against each other. “Unless otherwise specified, apply anti-aging creams after all other skincare products—except your daily sunscreen,” advises Dr. Schlessinger. For example, applying the cream before a gel or serum may hinder them from reaching the skin adequately.
Make sure the ingredients get along: Many of us layer cosmetics in the hopes of increasing the active elements that would benefit our skin, but we may really be deactivating them by mixing components that clash—retinoids are an excellent example of this.
“Alpha hydroxy acids and benzoyl peroxide typically destroy retinoids, which are some of the most proven topical treatments for anti-aging,” explains Hadley King, M.D., clinical instructor of dermatology at Cornell University’s Weill Medical College. “So if you’re stacking products and one of them contains AHA and the other contains a retinoid, the retinoid may not assist you at all.” (Sun exposure also degrades them, which is why they’re commonly included in night creams.)
Exfoliate: Oiliness and dead skin cells can clog pores and prevent product penetration, according to Dr. Schlessinger, who recommends exfoliating once a week to get the most out of your anti-aging treatments.
Store your products properly: “When you don’t store your anti-aging products in the right spot, their efficacy is diminished,” says Dr. Lankerani. Products containing active chemicals, such as retinol and vitamin C, should be stored in a dark, cool area to prevent the active ingredients from degrading.
Be patient: “While the time it takes to see visible results varies by product, for most anti-aging creams, I recommend waiting 12 weeks to see results,” says Dr. Schlessinger.
Does Anti-Wrinkle Cream Really Eliminate Wrinkles?
Although the best anti-aging face creams can help reduce the appearance of wrinkles, they are not permanent fixes. What they do accomplish is to remove the outer layer of dead skin.
They also help to hydrate the skin and temporarily plump up the skin. Creams need to be used for a minimum of 30 days before results will be visible. However, if the patients stop using the cream, the results will disappear.
How to Choose Anti-Wrinkle Cream According to Your Skin?
To choose the best anti-aging cream for your skin type, you need to know the different types and their common characteristics.
Dry Skin: Dry skin is characterized by an increased number of cells which can make it more likely to form wrinkles. There is also less sebum produced  due to the lack of oil glands which make it prone to dryness.
Oily and Sensitive Skin: Oily and sensitive skin is often accompanied by excess sebum production, clogged pores, inflammation, and more sensitivity to pain.
Consider your skin type as you read through ingredient listings.
- Consider retinol creams for acne-prone skin if you want to attack wrinkles and acne at the same time.
- Look for items that are lightweight and oil-free if you have oily skin. Retinoids are also a great choice for oily skin because they can help with fine lines and wrinkles by removing some of the oil.
- Consider wrinkle treatments that promise to provide an extra dose of hydration if you have dry skin. It’s still a good idea to look for non-comedogenic choices to avoid clogging your pores with all that extra moisture.
- if you have sensitive or combination skin? Avoid alternatives that contain scents or alcohol.
- If you have rosacea, you should avoid retinol and vitamin C as well. When administered, vitamin C can hurt, and retinol can aggravate rosacea. Look for rosacea-specific products or consult a physician for recommendations.
- Finally, be aware that heavier night creams have the potential to block pores. To avoid this, look for products that are labeled noncomedogenic, regardless of your skin type.
Shall I Start the Use of Wrinkle Cream in the 20s And 30s?
The answer to this question depends on who you ask, but from the research we’ve completed, it is never too early to begin treating your face.
Prevention is the key to anti-aging success.
Unfortunately, many people don’t start to worry about aging until their skin has already begun to show signs. Once your skin has been damaged by the sun, it takes 10 years for the damage to become visible.
That means they have been potentially damaging our skin since childhood. Many people begin to develop crow’s feet in their mid-20s.
Tips for Using Anti Aging Cream
- Use sunscreen: creams for anti-aging Don’t use it as a substitute for sunscreen. When you’re going to be in the sun, wear sunscreen in addition to your facial cream. Use a broad-spectrum sunscreen that protects against both UVB and UVA radiation. UVA rays can cause the skin to age prematurely.
- Follow the product’s directions. Some anti-aging creams are intended to be applied at night or during the day. Others are made to be used twice a day.
Consider how much to use. You may have to experiment with the amount of cream that you use. Too much, and your skin can’t absorb it and will feel greasy. Too little, and you may not reap the full benefits. Try using a small dab at first, and see how your skin responds.
- Go easy on retinoids. You might need to play around with the amount of cream you use. If you use too much, your skin won’t be able to absorb it and will feel oily. If you take too little, you may not be able to reap the full benefits. To begin, use a small dab and see how your skin reacts.
- Store it properly. Even if it gets humid, most anti-aging treatments can be kept in a medicine cabinet or bathroom shelf. Keep a close watch on the time. If a cream has passed its expiration date, do not use it. Also, if the aroma changes, don’t use the product because it could be spoiled.
- Check the packaging. The way certain items are packaged and how it impacts the product’s performance and shelf life have caused some dissatisfaction in the beauty world. It’s critical, for example, that retinol and vitamin C products are packaged in tinted or dark glass bottles. These items can swiftly decay if they are exposed to light, air, or heat. To obtain the most performance and shelf life out of your product, look for those who use dark, tinted bottles with airless pumps.
- Give it time. Even the best anti-aging cream won’t give you big effects right away.
What Else To Consider Before Buying an Anti-Wrinkle Cream
- Time Constraints. Before you buy, make sure it’s a product you’ll actually utilize. Many people make the mistake of investing a lot of money on a skincare system that has a lot of items and requires more time than their lifestyle allows.
- Budget. The most expensive wrinkle creams aren’t always the most effective. There are solutions for any budget, so you don’t have to spend a fortune to obtain excellent results.
- Sellers. We’ve already said it, but it bears repeating: checking seller feedback can help you avoid purchasing fake items. The vendor and the manufacturer are not always the same person. If you have any concerns, purchase directly from the manufacturer in-store or online, or seek advice from a dermatologist.
- Allergies and sensitivities. If you have sensitive skin, seek a fragrance-free or hypoallergenic product.
To help consumers get the most out of their aging support products, the AAD suggests the following:
- Start with one product, as using several at once might irritate the skin and make aging indications more visible.
- If a product irritates your skin, consult a dermatologist. Follow a doctor’s advice on how to use a product to avoid clogged pores and dryness.
- Avoid sunbathing because it might cause wrinkles and dark patches.
- Use sunscreen to avoid early symptoms of aging and the danger of skin cancer.
- If a product bothers someone, they should stop using it right away. It is possible to avoid irritation by gradually introducing a new product to the skin. People can undertake a patch test on their inner arm to see if they react before using a small amount on a bigger region.
Tips for Wrinkle Cream Shoppers
Consider these points when judging the merits of using a wrinkle cream:
1) Cost: can range anywhere from $20 and up.
2) Lower Doses: the lower the dose, the more inexpensive the cream will be in the long run.
3) Multiplicity of Ingredients: the ingredients are extremely important.
4) Daily Use: you will need to plan on using your cream at least twice a day.
5) Side Effects: some patients do experience side effects.
6) Individual Differences: different creams are made for different skin types.
When caring for our skin, it is essential to use a product that contains high-quality ingredients with a proven track record of being effective in reducing fine lines and wrinkles.
The essential ingredients in any anti-aging product will increase skin hydration, boost and stimulate collagen production, reduce free radical damage caused by overexposure to the sun, and dramatically improve your skin’s texture and firmness.
In addition, a good wrinkle cream will reverse the effects of aging and make your skin younger and more vibrant looking.
Market Statistics of Anti-Aging Products
The Anti Aging Cream and Anti-Wrinkles creams come up with enhanced properties, such as skin treatment (skin aging like wrinkles, fine lines), moisture control, and sun protection, which will strengthen the sales of anti-aging and anti-wrinkle products during the forecast period (2020-2027).
In addition, the popularity of premium and branded products will continue to grow in the anti-aging and anti-wrinkle product market, as consumers tend to incline towards quality skincare products.
According to FactMR, due to the positive impact of market trends, the anti-aging and anti-wrinkle product market is expected to reach a value of US$ 14 billion by 2027.
Top 4 Ways to Fight Against Wrinkle
- Home Remedies – Home remedies are common for people trying to fight wrinkles, because over-the-counter wrinkle creams can be expensive. It’s not always easy for people to get prescription medication either. The first home remedy is to change to a healthy lifestyle if you’re already not living one. That means eating healthy food, getting enough vitamins, and exercising daily.
- Cosmetic Surgery – Cosmetic surgery is another way to reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. There are three types of wrinkles. When the facial muscles attached to the overlying skin contract, the motion eventually cause dynamic wrinkles. The skin bunches together, which forms lines. The eyebrow area, forehead area, and upper cheek area near the corners of the eyes (crow’s feet) are the most common areas for dynamic wrinkles. Muscles in these areas can be permanently weakened with surgery.
- Wrinkle Creams – Nelson Lee Novick, M.D., FACP, FAACS and Clinical Professor of Dermatology at Mount Sinai School of Medicine in New York City states that “different anti-wrinkle creams ingredients perform different functions on the skin and that several common ingredients have a proven record of success in fighting the signs of aging”.
- Retinoid – One of the most researched anti-aging ingredients is retinoids, which are generated from vitamin A .Retinoids, also known as retinol, can boost collagen formation, which helps to fill up the skin. Retinoids also promote skin regeneration and the formation of new blood vessels, which can improve the overall appearance and texture of the skin. Retinoids are divided into five categories, each with varying degrees of efficacy. Consult your dermatologist to determine which choice is best for you.
The Bottom Line
It’s never too early to start using an anti-aging anti-wrinkle cream. However, when it comes to finding the best one for you, you’ll first need to consider when you plan to use it and what is your skin type.
Some skin products for wrinkles may cause skin irritation, rashes, burning, or redness. Be sure to first read and follow the product’s instructions to limit side effects if any. It may help to select products that don’t cause allergic reactions.
A dermatologist can also help you create a personalized skincare plan by evaluating your skin type, and skin’s condition and recommending a product that is likely to be effective.
Lastly, don’t get discouraged if you don’t see immediate results from an anti-aging product; even with the right anti-aging cream, at times the benefits come slowly. Also, don’t wallow in indecision, sometimes a little trial and error may help you eventually get the right product for your skin type and concerns.
To help you in the process of deciding on the most accurate product for your skin type for clearing wrinkles and fine lines, above we’ve listed the best anti-aging cream that have had a good success rate in the market.
 Improvement of naturally aged skin with vitamin A (retinol) https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/17515510/
 Collagen-like peptide exhibits a remarkable anti-wrinkle effect on the skin when topically applied: in vivo study E Bauza 1, G Oberto, A Berghi, C Farra Dal, N Domloge Affiliations expand https://pubmed.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/15648443/
 Oily Skin: A review of Treatment Options https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5605215/  Hyaluronic acid: A key molecule in skin aging https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3583886/
 Acetyl hexapeptide-3 in a cosmetic formulation acts on skin mechanical properties - Clinical study https://www.researchgate.net/publication/299591539_Acetyl_hexapeptide-3_in_a_cosmetic_formulation_acts_on_skin_mechanical_properties_-_Clinical_study
 Safety Assessment of Palmitoyl Oligopeptides as Used in Cosmetics https://www.cir-safety.org/sites/default/files/palmit072012slr.pdf
 Snake Venom Peptides Use In Anti-Ageing Products https://www.ijsr.net/archive/v7i1/ART20179204.pdf
 Nelson Lee Novick, M.D. Younger Looking Without Surgery http://doctornovick.com/Home_Page.html